Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Update!

It has ben bitterly cold here in Virginia (as well as the rest of the country) for these past few days, so I have mostly been inspired to sit on the couch, watch LOST, and play with all of my scrap yarn.  Tonight I finished a little winter bonnet inspired by this one I found on "A Beautiful Mess".  I tried out a couple of new knitting techniques: provisional cast on, kitchener stitch, and an attached i-cord.  I also made the pompom with a homemade cardboard pompom maker.  I think I'll invest the $5 to get a real one.  I used leftover bits of Lion Brand "Think n' Quick" yarn in raspberry, fig, and oatmeal.





The cold weather has had me thinking a lot about shoes and spring.  I have been on an epic journey to find a pair of weather boots that are functional, classic looking, and not a goofy color or print.  apparently, I am not the only one looking for these boots, because everywhere I have gone, they have been entirely sold out.  Any suggestions?  This cold snap has also made me more than ready to shed my coat leggings, and thick scarfs.  I am SO ready for april.


Here are some things I'm lusting over at the moment:


This little dress is adorable, and I'm thinking I may have to make a stop at my neighborhood Urban Outfitters to give it a try on pretty soon.



Another Urabns dress.  I think thai I might attempt a diy version of this one with an old floral sheet, and a dark green t-shirt.





There is nothing I love more than a pair of leather boots.  I already have two pairs of Frye boots, but I am hankering for another.  How about these beauties?  If only I had a spare $500...





Perhaps a more viable option would be this pair, which I found on sale at Nine West this weekend.  I didn't buy them, but I'm seriously thinking about going back tomorrow.





I love these Dr. Martens.  The dainty flowers are so springy, and they would be adorable with a cute cotton dress.





And finally, the godfather of all boots.  Thank you Jeffery Campbell.  I would wear these 365 days of the year.





Sorry about the huge shoe post, but this is the reason why my family calls me Imelda.  I'll just be dreaming of spring...






No comments:

Post a Comment